- HearFirst has been offering British Sign Language Training since 2003.
- We work with organisations to train their staff in BSL.
- Our BSL tutors are all deaf and mostly native BSL users.
- We are a registered Centre with the awarding body Signature for both Level 1 and Level 2 qualifications.
- Our training helps you understand and communicate better with your Deaf customers and clients.
- BSL sessions can also be used for:
- Training staff to communicate better with a Deaf colleague.
- Team building for your staff and managers.
Progress Housing Group: 'Excellent, exceeded expectations. Content catered to what we needed for our area of work.'
What can we offer you?
- Accredited courses
- Full or half day certificated training courses plus shorter bite sized sessions.
- Additional demonstrations of signs via our You Tube channel.
- Information and practical tips specifically for and tailored to your organisation. Contact us.
- If you are looking for a BSL interpreter. We recommend www.interpreterbsl.co.uk
@CaseyCompanies tweeted: "Just had a great day with Kate and Mickey @HearFirst_ learning some basic British Sign Language. Can't recommend it enough!"
Who is it for?
- All staff e.g. front line staff, managers, senior management team and back office staff.
- Other people associated with your organisation e.g. volunteers or tenants etc.
What do you need?
- You decide what and where your requirements are and we will suggest the content to suit the participants. We often tailor courses and include vocabulary for your sector e.g. Housing, Museums etc. See our most popular course outlines below.
- If you are unsure how long your staff would need to get to the required level contact us.
British Sign Language – most popular course outlines (PDF’s)
One hour bite sized learning sessions also available
- To check availability, book training or to speak to a real person contact us
- To find out more about us delivering training at your organisation, go to In House Courses
- Go to Case Studies for information on work already undertaken and testimonials