- HearFirst has been offering Disability Equality and Awareness Training since 2003.
- Most of our tutors are deaf or disabled themselves and have a real depth of knowledge, understanding and a good sense of humour too! They can offer a true insight and understanding which helps change hearts and minds and behaviours.
- Disability Awareness Training includes information about the Equality Act 2010.
- Disability Awareness training is mandatory in many organisations. We understand that ‘buy in’ from participants is necessary to their engagement and your outcomes.
- Our training includes information about employees’ rights if they are disabled now or have been in the past as well as their responsibilities.
- We always offer an interesting blend of theory and fun interaction to ensure everyone is able to participate, enjoy and ‘do’ on all courses.
Salim, Community Engagement Worker at National Careers Service: "As you may imagine, I have attended many courses over a period of 20 years in the public service, the majority of them have not been very memorable! Yesterday's session provided a true learning experience that will be useful long and beyond my work environment."
What can we offer you?
- Full or half day training courses plus shorter bite sized sessions.
- Help with writing policies.
- Information on various disabilities and practical tips for your organisations intranet
Blackburn Care Network, Volunteer: 'Really enjoyable and good information.'
Who is it for?
- All staff e.g. front line staff, managers, senior management team and back office staff.
- Other people associated with your organisation e.g. volunteers or tenants etc.
"Very well presented informative training. Gave a real understanding and inspirational as well. To top it all entertaining too – well done." Gary, Regeneration and Housing Dept. Hyndburn Council
What do you need?
- You decide what and where your requirements are and we will suggest the content and activities to suit the participants. See our most popular course outlines below.
- If you need an emphasis on a particular disability let us know.
- If you need separate training on a particular disability e.g. visual awareness or deaf awareness check the in house courses page or contact us.
"Excellent course that really encouraged us to consider disability from a different perspective rather than just the legal aspect" Service Manager, National Careers Service
Disability- most popular course outlines (PDF’s)
One hour bite sized learning sessions also available
"Thank you for the handouts. The course itself was amazing, thank you for coming in to deliver it for us" Lara Wright, Burnley Borough Council
- To check availability, book training or to speak to a real person contact us
- To find out more about us delivering training at your organisation, go to In House Courses
- Go to Case Studies for information on work already undertaken and testimonials